What is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a fertility treatment that involves placing sperm directly into the uterus using a thin catheter. The goal of IUI is to increase the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes, where fertilization can occur.
Who Should I Do IUI?
IUI is often recommended for couples who have been trying to conceive for more than one year without success. Additionally, IUI may be appropriate for individuals who have been diagnosed with infertility issues such as low sperm count, cervical mucus problems, or endometriosis.
What is IUI Treatment Cost?
The Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) treatment cost in India can vary widely depending on several factors such as the clinic, location, and type of fertility drugs used during the treatment. On average, the IUI treatment cost in India can range between 15,000 to 25,000 rupees, although it can be more or less depending on the specific situation. Some clinics may also offer packages that include multiple IUI cycles, which can lower the overall cost of IUI. It’s also important to keep in mind that the IUI cost is just one aspect to consider when choosing a fertility clinic. Factors such as the clinic’s success rates, the qualifications and experience of the staff, and the availability of advanced technologies should also be taken into consideration.
In Summary, IUI is a relatively simple and inexpensive procedure that can help couples overcome infertility and achieve a pregnancy. However, it’s important to have realistic expectations and to discuss the potential risks and benefits of the procedure with a fertility Doctor before starting treatment.
Note: The Cost of IUI at Little Angel IVF Clinic In Delhi NCR is Rs 15,000/-
|IUI Treatment||IUI Treatment Cost|
|IUI Procedure||6,000/- ₹|
|Drugs & Medicine||7,000 – 8,000/- ₹|
|Total IUI Cost||15,000/- ₹|
IUI Treatment Cost in India:
|Cities||Avg IUI Cost|
|IUI Cost in Delhi||15,000 – 25,000/- ₹|
|IUI Cost in Gurgaon||15,000 – 30,000/- ₹|
|IUI Cost in Noida||15,000 – 25,000/- ₹|
|IUI Cost in Ghaziabad||15,000 – 20,000/- ₹|
|IUI Cost in Greater Noida||15,000 – 20,000/- ₹|
Is IUI Covered Under Insurance?
It’s important to note that insurance coverage for fertility treatments in India can vary widely. Some insurance policies may cover a portion of the cost of IUI, while others cover all of it. Before beginning treatment, it’s best to check with your insurance provider to see what, if any, coverage you have for IUI. Most Private & Public Companies in India allow employees to take reimbursement for IUI Procedures under the Medi Claim Policy.
IUI Success Rate:
The IUI treatment success rate depends on several factors such as the age of the partners, the cause of infertility, and the quality of sperm used. According to the Indian Medical Association estimates, On average, the success rate of IUI is 10-20% per cycle, but it can be higher or lower based on individual circumstances. For example, women under the age of 26 with no underlying fertility issues may have a success rate of up to 80%, Women age between 26 to 30 can have an IUI success rate of 40% while women over the age of 30-45 may have an IUI success rate of 20% & however Women whose age is between 35 to 40 can have IUI success rate of 10% or lower. The Success Rate Can also be in the range of (80-90) % if one goes for Multiple IUI Cycles.
IUI Treatment Success Rate in 2023:
|Patient Age||IUI Success Rate|
It’s important to note that IUI success rates can vary greatly and success stories are unique to each individual’s situation. The best way to determine the likelihood of success with IUI is to speak with an infertility specialist who can evaluate your specific case and provide a more personalized estimate.
Factors Affecting IUI Success Rate:
There are several factors that can affect the success of IUI, including:
- Age: Women over the age of 35 may have lower success rates with IUI.
- Fertility history: Women with a history of infertility or reproductive disorders may have lower success rates with IUI.
- Ovarian reserve: Women with a low ovarian reserve may have lower success rates with IUI.
- Sperm quality: Men with low sperm count or poor sperm motility may have lower success rates with IUI.
What is IUI Treatment Procedure?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a type of assisted reproductive technology that helps couples conceive by placing sperm directly into the uterus. The IUI procedure is typically performed in a fertility clinic and usually involves the following steps:
- Ovarian Stimulation: The woman is given fertility drugs to help her ovaries produce multiple eggs, increasing the chances of conception.
- Sperm Collection: The partner or a sperm donor provides a sperm sample, which is then prepared and cleaned in a laboratory.
- Insemination: The prepared sperm is inserted into the woman’s uterus through a small, flexible catheter. The procedure is quick and typically painless, taking only a few minutes.
- Pregnancy Test: After the IUI procedure, the woman will wait for a few days to see if she becomes pregnant. A pregnancy test is typically performed two weeks after the procedure.
It’s important to note that IUI is typically used in conjunction with fertility drugs, which can increase the chances of conception. In some cases, multiple IUI cycles may be necessary to achieve a successful pregnancy.
Are there any risks associated with IUI?
There are some risks associated with IUI, such as multiple pregnancies, infection, and OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome). However, these risks are generally rare and can be minimized with proper monitoring and care.
Advantages of IUI:
IUI offers several benefits for individuals struggling with infertility-
- Non-invasive: IUI is a non-invasive procedure that does not require surgery.
- Cost-effective: Compared to other fertility treatments, IUI is relatively affordable.
- High success rates: IUI has a high success rate, especially for couples who have been trying to conceive for more than one year.
- Reduced risk of multiple pregnancies: IUI reduces the risk of multiple pregnancies, as only a small number of sperm are used during the procedure.
Is IUI Painful?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is not a painful procedure. The process of IUI involves inserting a small, flexible catheter through the cervix and into the uterus to place the sperm directly into the uterus. The procedure typically takes only a few minutes and is a painless procedure. Most women do not experience any pain during the IUI procedure, although some may feel mild discomfort or cramping. This is typically short-lived and can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relievers. In some rare cases, a mild sedative or pain reliever may be used to help the woman relax and reduce any discomfort during the procedure. After the IUI procedure, some women may experience mild cramping or bloating, but these symptoms are typically mild and short-lived. One can continue the daily routine things after the procedure although one should take an off and rest for successful implantation.
How many cycles of IUI are required?
The number of cycles of IUI required can vary, but typically, couples undergo 3 to 6 cycles before considering other fertility treatments.
How To Choose IUI Treatment Clinic?
It’s also important to keep in mind that the IUI cost is just one aspect to consider when choosing a fertility clinic. Factors such as the clinic’s success rates, the qualifications and experience of the Doctor, and the availability of advanced technologies should also be taken into consideration. In conclusion, the cost of IUI treatment in India can vary, and it’s best to consult with an Expert fertility specialist to get an accurate estimate for your specific situation.
IUI Success Stories:
intrauterine Insemination (IUI) can be a successful method for couples who are trying to conceive and are facing fertility challenges. Here are some examples of IUI success stories done by Dr Mona Dahiya:
- After several years of trying to conceive naturally, Nidhi (Age 28) decided to try IUI. After the first IUI cycle, Nidhi becomes pregnant and gives birth to a healthy baby boy.
- A couple having genetic disorders could not conceive through the Natural Cycle of IUI. We recommended them IUI with donor egg and sperm so that they can have a Healthy Child. After two rounds of IUI, they have been blessed with Twins.
- A woman in her early 30s had been struggling with infertility for a few years. She and her husband decided to try IUI at our Infertility centre although others had suggested them IVF Treatment. After two IUI cycles, she became pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
- A woman in her late 30s had endometriosis, which was affecting her ability to conceive. After several rounds of IUI and fertility drugs, she got pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby boy.
- A couple had been trying to conceive for over a year with no success. They decided to try IUI and after their first cycle, the woman became pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
- After 4 years of trying to conceive naturally, Jyoti and Rajat decided to try IUI. After their first cycle, Jyoti became pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby Boy named Aman.
- After experiencing Two miscarriages, Monika and her Husband visited us for IUI Treatment. After their second IUI cycle, Monika became pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Himanshu.
- After facing infertility challenges, Jasleen and Angad decided to try IUI. After the first cycle, Jasleen became pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby Boy named Harupkar.
- After several years of trying to conceive naturally, Shikha came to us for Infertility Treatment. Shikha had Polycystic Ovaries and was recommended IUI Treatment by Dr Mona Dahiya as she was still young. She is a Proud Mother with an adorable son Ritwik.
- After facing PCOS challenges, Hanvika and Gopal came to us for IVF Treatment. However, we suggested they to go for IUI Treatment as they had financial problems. They are Now Proud parents to a Little Boy.
It’s important to remember that every individual’s journey to parenthood is unique and the success of IUI can vary greatly based on the cause of infertility and the individual’s specific situation.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a fertility treatment that can help individuals struggling with infertility to conceive. While there are some disadvantages to IUI, such as the need for ovulation stimulation and a reduced success rate for older women, IUI also offers several benefits, including high success rates, reduced risk of multiple pregnancies, and affordability. If you are considering IUI, it is important to discuss
Q: How successful is IUI on the first try?
A: The success rate of IUI on the first try can vary depending on several factors, including the woman’s age, the cause of infertility, and the quality of the sperm used. On average, the success rate for IUI on the first try is around 10-20%.
Q: What is the overall cost of IUI?
A: The overall cost of IUI can also vary depending on factors such as location, clinic, and any additional procedures or testing required. On average, the cost of one IUI cycle can range from ₹10,000 to ₹20,000.
Q: Can you get pregnant with the first IUI?
A: Yes, it is possible to get pregnant with the first IUI, but it depends on several factors, including the woman’s age and fertility, the quality of the sperm, and the timing of the IUI.
Q: Is IUI treatment painful?
A: The IUI procedure itself is usually not painful, but some women may experience mild cramping or discomfort during or after the procedure.
Q: Is IUI 100% successful?
A: No, IUI is not 100% successful. Success rates for IUI can vary depending on several factors, including the cause of infertility, the age of the woman, and the quality of the sperm.
Q: What is an IUI baby?
A: An IUI baby is a child who was conceived through intrauterine insemination (IUI), a fertility treatment where sperm is inserted directly into the uterus to increase the chances of pregnancy.
Q: How much does 1 IUI cycle cost in India?
A: The cost of one IUI cycle in India can vary depending on the clinic and any additional procedures or testing required. On average, the cost of one IUI cycle in India can range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Q: How much sperm is good for an IUI?
A: The minimum number of sperm required for IUI is usually around 10-20 million. However, the more sperm used, the higher the chances of success.
Q: Which is cheaper IUI or IVF?
A: Generally, IUI is cheaper than IVF, but the overall cost can depend on several factors such as location, clinic, and any additional procedures or testing required.
Q: What are the disadvantages of IUI?
A: Some potential disadvantages of IUI can include a lower success rate compared to other fertility treatments, the need for multiple cycles to achieve pregnancy, and the risk of multiple pregnancies.
Q: Will I have twins with IUI?
A: It is possible to have twins with IUI, but the chances are lower compared to IVF. The use of fertility drugs during IUI can increase the chances of multiple pregnancies.
Q: Is it OK to travel after IUI?
A: In general, it is safe to travel after IUI, but it’s best to check with your doctor first to make sure there are no restrictions or concerns.
Q: How many eggs are required for IUI?
A: Typically, one or two mature eggs are needed for IUI. Fertility drugs may be used to stimulate the ovaries and increase the number of eggs produced.
Q: How quickly do you get pregnant with IUI?
A: It can take up to two weeks after IUI to determine if pregnancy has occurred. If pregnancy does not occur after one cycle, additional cycles may be necessary.
Q: How can I prepare my body for IUI?
A: To prepare for IUI, it’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including eating a balanced diet, getting regular
exercise, and avoiding alcohol, tobacco, and drugs. Your doctor may also recommend fertility drugs to stimulate ovulation and increase the chances of pregnancy. It’s important to follow all of your doctor’s instructions and attend all scheduled appointments to ensure the best possible outcome.