IVF & Infertility
1. DONOR SPERM
Who needs Donor Sperms?
Many babies are conceived each year using this method. Donor sperm is available from donor banks. The indications are:
- When husband has no sperm or a very poor semen analysis(azoospermia, severe oligospermia, poor motility)
- When there is a genetic problem which could be inherited by the child from the husband
- Single women desirous of a biological child.
One must be psychologically ready to receive the donor sperms. Young healthy medically tested male in whom all infections are ruled out act as donors. The sperm is matched with height, eye and skin color and any other desirous parameter.
2. DONOR EGGS
Who needs egg donation?
- Patients with repeated IVF failures owing to poor egg quality/vacuolated eggs/embryos with moderate to severe fragmentation.
- Patients with decreased ovarian reserve
- Patients with premature ovarian failure
In such patients, donor egg IVF leads to a higher chance of successful pregnancy of around 50-60% per attempt. Donor eggs can be obtained from your family or professional donor or egg sharing. The donor is matched according to all the physical features in order to make the child appear similar to the parents.
What is surrogacy?
Surrogacy is a method when another woman carries and gives birth to a baby for the couple who want to have a child.
Which patients need surrogacy?
- Not having a uterus as a result of hysterectomy or being born without a functional uterus
- Significant uterine abnormalities, including uterine scarring and inability to develop a thick supportive uterine lining
- Significant medical conditions that make carrying a pregnancy risky for a woman’s health
- Chronic reproductive loss
The Indian government guidelines make it a legal process.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- Monday - Sunday 9AM - 8PM
Phone: +91 9654200023